Sunday 10 April 2011

Friends visiting

We've had a visit from a couple of friends from down south in Harwich.  I've known them since I was about 18, (so a very long time) They came up last weekend,  I left work early on Friday to meet them Friday afternoon. It was a beautiful evening, so we took them out for a walk before tea.
Malham Cove
 Saturday we got up at a reasonable hour to take our Essex pals out walking for the day to Malham Cove, Gordale Scar and Janet's Foss.  The weather was glorious.  It is a 41/2 mile walk but we took it dead easy, and all of us really enjoyed the day.  Indian takeaway for tea before we all got very sleepy and stared at the  television for a little while before bed.
Gordale Scar
Sunday was another wonderful blue sky day, so we showed our guests one of the highlights of the north east...........  Catterick Racecourse Sunday market!!!  (That wasn't my idea, but they seemed to like it anyway), then a quick look at The Station in Richmond and a walk around the castle.  Actually, when I think about it, we didn't let them sit down for long.  I think they enjoyed it though. I know we did.  Mebbe they will visit again?

Janet's Foss


No comments:

Post a Comment